Congratulations to girl applicants for qualifying JEE (advanced) 2018
You must be excited and looking forward to a new chapter of your life in one of the IITs. These Institutes provide you every opportunity for your all-round growth. Are you ready for the most rewarding journey of your life at IIT? We are certain you are, IIT Bhilai welcomes you.
Perhaps you have many questions about IIT system and IIT Bhilai in particular.
Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai was established in the state of Chhattisgarh by Ministry of Human Resource and Development in the year 2016. Presently housed in its transit campus at Government Engineering College (GEC) Raipur, Chhattisgarh, IIT Bhilai provides on campus hostel accommodation to all its students. The hostels are guarded around the clock.
IIT Bhilai has established a 3-D Printing Lab that constitutes an integral part of 3-D Modeling and Design course, a fabrication lab, an electrical lab, a computer lab and a library
IIT Bhilai fosters and encourages students to excel in their programs of study and recognizes the same in all around the development of the students. It follows credit based system of education. Under this system, a student needs to complete the credit requirements for the courses. There is a prescribed nominal duration of the program while the students may complete in lesser time or may invest more time to move to the next higher level of system. IIT Bhilai offers the following programs in the undergraduate system.
- BTech: The nominal Bachelor of Technology degree wherein a student is admitted as per the admission process
- BTech (Honours): The enhanced Bachelor of Technology degree wherein a student admitted to a BTech program may choose to carry out additional courses/project in his/her own discipline or another discipline. BTech (Honours) is a program where students are not admitted initially but may opt to convert their BTech program.
These programs are offered in three disciplines, namely,
- Computer Science and Engineering (offered by the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
- Electrical Engineering (offered by the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
- Mechanical Engineering (offered by the department of Mechanical Engineering)
IIT Bhilai follows a fractal system of academic courses. In this system, a semester is divided into six fractal segments. A course offered by the Institute can run over multiple consecutive fractal segments. The fractal system of academics facilitates wider choices of electives for building breadth as well as depth, offers flexibility, fosters modern interdisciplinary education, and encourages research early in the program.
The campus has sports facilities (basket ball, badminton, football, table tennis, snooker etc.), gym, recreation room and music room.
You may have constraints, concerns and questions. You can visit the IIT Bhilai website for more details. You are welcome to contact the team for any query, small or big, academic or non-academic, financial or residential. Hope to see you at IIT Bhilai.