Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the position Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in a SERB funded research project with following details:
- Title of the project: Contractivity and complete contractivity for finite dimensional Banach spaces and curvature inequalities of the corresponding Cowen-Douglas Bundle.
- Principal Investigator: Dr. Avijit Pal, Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, IIT Bhilai, GEC Campus, Sejbahar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh- 492015 (+91-7712551300 (Ext: 6141)/8918592444 (mob); Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web). For other details and the project team, please visit the homepage.
- Name of the position: Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
- Number of Positions: 01
- Essential qualifications: MSc (Mathematics) from a recognized institute/university or statutory body with a minimum of 60% aggregate score; For SC/ST category, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate score.
- Desirable: Preference will be given to candidates having CSIR/UGC JRF-NET/GATE and working experience relevant to the project.
- Age limit: 28 years
- Salary: For the first two years Rs. 31,000 + 16% HRA and for the third year Rs. 35,000 +16% HRA.
- Duration: Up to the termination of project, subject to annual performance review.
- How to apply: Interested candidates must apply on the application form attached with this advertisement. Duly completed application form along with candidate’s resume must be mailed or emailed to the PI so as to reach him by Tuesday, 11th February 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview. The positions are available immediately.
- Due date: The application must reach the PI, Dr. Avijit Pal, by Tuesday, 11th February 2020.
- Note: The candidate selected for the position of JRF will have the option to register for PhD program at IIT Bhilai in the appropriate department. However, for admission to PhD program at IIT Bhilai, the candidate must meet certain eligibility requirements and also qualify the written examination and interview.
i) No TA/DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview.
ii) The PI shall not be responsible for postal / courier delay, if any, or any other reason for non-receipt of the document at the specified time and will result in disqualification/rejection of the application.
iii) The decision of the selection committee will be final.
iv) If the number of shortlisted candidates called for the interview is large, the selection committee may decide to restrict the number of candidates for the interview to a reasonable limit after considering qualifications and experience over and above the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
v) The appointment of the candidate will be governed by the terms and conditions of the Institute/ funding agency particularly applicable to the said project as and when required.
vi) The selected candidate will have to join duty immediately on receipt of the offer.
vii) The fellowship may be terminated with a 30-day notice before completion of the tenure, if performance till date is not deemed satisfactory.