NEW Shortlisting for further selection process of MTech program for 2021-22-M semester at IIT Bhilai has already been completed.
Click here to download the list of shortlisted applications.
IIT Bhilai is an institute of national importance declared as such under the Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act 2016 to provide for education and research in various branches of engineering, technology, science, and arts. The main focus of IIT Bhilai is to prepare young individuals to become professional leaders of tomorrow by imparting cutting-edge technical skills and knowledge, so that they can take on the real-life challenges in the future with confidence and maturity. IIT Bhilai is striving for research-driven undergraduate and postgraduate education. Our objective is to create an educational system with multifaceted outcomes, including research, entrepreneurship, technical leadership, and above all, responsible citizenship
IIT Bhilai invites applications for admission to MTech programs in various disciplines for the session starting from July 2021.
Applicants meeting the eligibility criteria as defined hereunder are invited to apply for admission to MTech program at IIT Bhilai as a regular student. Students admitted to the regular MTech program of the Institute may become eligible to receive Institute Fellowship as per the norms defined by Ministry of Education, Govt. of India.
A. Applicants must have ONE of the following in appropriate subject areas.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST)
2. Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree, with first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
B. Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements.
1. Valid GATE Score (refer Table 1 for Discipline specific criteria).
2. CPI/CGPA of 8.0 in BTech, if done from an IIT.
An ongoing degree may also be considered as a qualifying degree provided the applicant graduates before the MTech program starts. Discipline specific requirements are given in Table 1.
Table 1: Discipline specific criteria for MTech admissions
|Computer Science and Engineering||GATE score in CS/ EC/ EE/ MA/ PH.|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence||GATE score in any engineering discipline/MA/ST.|
|Electrical Engineering||GATE score in EE/ EC/ IN/ CS/ MA/ PH.|
|Mechanical Engineering||GATE score in AE/ CE/ ME/ PI/ PH/ XE.|
Guidelines for MTech applications
1. Applicants must have registered in the COAP portal (coap.iitm.ac.in) before filling up the application form in the online admission portal of IIT Bhilai. COAP registration number is mandatory for filling up the application form.
2. Applicants must read all the instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
3. The online application form is available at www.iitbhilai.ac.in/index.php?pid=pg_admission. Application received by any other means shall not be processed further.
4. Separate application form is to be filled if applicants are applying in more than one discipline.
5. Reservations are applicable for applicants in Economically weak section (EWS)/ Other Backward Class Non-Creamy layer (OBC-NCL)/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with benchmark disability (PwD) category, as per Government of India rules. Necessary supporting documents must be attached to avail such reservation during online application and the same will be verified at the time of admission.
6. Applicants should complete the application form in all respects. Incomplete application will not be considered.
7. Applicants MUST keep the following documents (softcopy) ready to upload during their application process:
• Academic certificates (10th, 12th / Diploma, UG & PG certificates, etc. whichever is applicable)
• Mark-sheet of all semesters/Consolidated mark-sheet of the qualifying degree. Result awaited candidates have to upload their latest/previous semester mark-sheet.
• Category certificate (EWS/OBC-NCL/SC/ST), if applicable. • Experience certificate and any other relevant documents., whichever applicable.
8. Applicants must also provide the details of at least two well acquainted people who can provide reference letters in support of candidature of applicant. At least one of them must be an academician and must have taught the applicant.
9. Applicants having degree from foreign universities should upload equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for qualifying Exam and proof of having first class or 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks or equivalent in qualifying examination.
10. Applicants are advised to check the Institute website as well as the COAP website for results / important announcements. Applicants are also advised to check emails sent to the email address provided in their applications for all important communications and announcements. Offer letters will be made available only through COAP portal.
11. Any communication regarding the admission would be made only through e-mail.
12. Shortlisted applicants will be called for an ONLINE interview. At the time of interview, the candidates shall have the following documents readily available with them in hardcopy and softcopy, as applicable.
• Photo ID Card,
• Printed copy of the application submitted online,
• Thesis / dissertation / report / publications,
• All Original certificates and mark-sheets.
Thrust Research Area (Not limited to)
|Discipline||Broad Areas of Research|
|Computer Science & Engineering|| Systems: Architecture, Parallel computing, Embedded computing, VLSI, (Wireless) networks, Edge computing, Compilers, Distributed systems.|
Security: Hardware, Software, Cryptography, Blockchains.
TCS: Algorithms, Formal Methods.
|Data Science||AI & ML, Data analytics, Computer vision, Social & complex network analysis.|
|Electrical Engineering|| Power: Application of power electronics to power system, Renewable energy, Electric vehicle.|
Control & Instrumentation: Remote sensing, Bio-sensors, Digital Control.
Communications & Systems: Computer/Wireless networks, Intelligent transportation, Embedded systems & ML applications in IoT & Healthcare.
Devices: Solar cells, PV module, Nanoelectronics.
Circuit Design: IC (analog and digital), VLSI, CMOS Image sensors, Photo-sensors, ASIC, System-on-a-chip, Product level electronic system.
|Mechanical Engineering|| Solid Mechanics and Design: Computational mechanics, Experimental Mechanics, Damage and Fracture Mechanics.|
Fluid and Thermal Sciences: Microfluidics, Multiphase flow and heat transfer, Droplet and Interfacial Science, Thermal hydraulics of Nuclear reactor, Internal combustion (IC) Engines and Alternative fuels, Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), Boiling and Condensation, Thermal Comfort and Building Energy Efficiency.
Manufacturing and Material Science: Bioinspired microtextured surfaces, Metal cutting, non-conventional machining, metal forming, Advanced PVD coating for cutting tools, Modelling and simulation of manufacturing processes, Additive manufacturing, Micromachining, Surface treatment, Surface texturing, Aluminium, Magnesium and Titanium alloys, Metal matrix composites, High entropy alloys, High-temperature materials, Severe Plastic deformation, Casting, Powder metallurgy, Structure-Property Correlations, Thin-film tribology, Friction stir welding and processing, Surface Engineering.
Tentative Schedule of Admission for MTech Program in 2021-22-M session
|1.||Start date for application (online only)||March 22, 2021 (10:00 Hrs IST)|
|2.||Last date for submitting online application form including payment of application fee||April 19, 2021 (17:00 Hrs IST)|
|3.||Selection process – Online interview||May 9, 2021|
The dates given above are tentative. Any changes in the dates will be indicated on the website.Application Process
STEP-I: Apply Online
Candidate has to apply online from IIT Bhilai website. After filling the details, an Application Number will be generated. Candidate should note down the Application Number. Please note that you have to upload your testimonials wherever it is required to validate your information along with your digital photograph and signature. After final submission of your online application, you will be able to generate your online application print with your specific details/data. This application print may be retained with you for future requirement.STEP-II: Make Payment
Application fee of 100 INR is applicable for SC/ST/PwD/female candidates and 200 INR is applicable for other candidates. Payment of application fee has to be made through State Bank Collect only. Candidate to visit SBI Collect, for fees payment and select MTech Application Fee as per the appropriate category. The candidate has to clearly mention the application id in the correct format(Eg: ME-101) while filling-up SBI collect challan for payment. After making payment, SBI Collect will generate payment reference number (viz. DU12345678), candidate has to retain a copy of sbi i-collect receipt for any future reference.Note: Successful completion of all the above two steps is mandatory.
Note: For any query, write to email@example.com