- Admissions to BTech programs in all disciplines offered by the Institute will be made in the Monsoon semester of each academic year. Towards this purpose, IIT Bhilai shall participate in the Joint Entrance Examination process common to IITs.
- Admission to MTech and PhD programs in all disciplines offered by the Institute will normally be made in the Monsoon Semester of each academic year. Institute may also offer admission in such programs in the Winter Semesters. Further admission of the PhD program may also be offered in the middle of a semester. Each department offering such admissions will declare admission procedure as per the academic calendar.
- All students shall be required to pay prevalent tuition and other fees as prescribed by the Institute at the time of joining and also in subsequent regular and summer semesters as long as they are on roll of the Institute. After the nominal duration of the program, current fee of the program at that time will be applicable.
- IIT Bhilai may also offer courses to non-degree (exchange) students. A non-degree student is a student who is registered for a degree in a recognized Institute (other than IIT Bhilai) or a University in India or abroad, and who is officially sponsored by that Institute or University to complete a part of her/his academic program at IIT Bhilai. For that purpose, the non-degree student may carry out research, take courses for credit or otherwise, or may use other academic facilities at IIT Bhilai. An official transcript of work done at IIT Bhilai, along with grades obtained, if any, would be given to the non-degree student for her/his use as s/he may deem appropriate. However, any credits earned at the Institute, by a non-degree student, cannot be counted towards any degree program of IIT Bhilai at any time.
A person will be admitted as a non-degree student on the basis of an application to the Dean of Academic Affairs, who will recommend for such admissions along with the recommendations of the concerned DUGC/DPGC for the approval of the Chairperson Senate. The Chairperson's decision will be final in this regard. An exchange student may be admitted for a maximum period of one year only. The strength of non-degree students in any program shall not exceed 5% of the approved strength of the program in each discipline.
A non-degree student will be required to pay all applicable fees depending upon the status, program and nationality. Students so admitted will be governed by all conduct rules and regulations of IIT Bhilai.
- The Institute reserves the right to cancel the admission of any student, and ask him/her to discontinue his/her studies at any stage of his/her career on grounds of indiscipline or inadequate academic performance.
Validity of Admission and Its Cancellation:
All students admitted provisionally or otherwise to any program shall submit copies of their mark-sheets, provisional certificates, etc. of the qualifying examination and other documents by the last date specified for the purpose in the Academic Calendar. All provisional admissions shall be canceled and the program shall be terminated if the corresponding students fail to submit the necessary document by the specified date. The Senate can cancel the admission of any student who fails to submit the prescribed documents by the specified date or to meet other stipulated requirement(s). The Senate may also cancel admission at any later time if it is found that the student had supplied false information or suppressed relevant information while seeking admission.
Admissions to Various Program